Monday, October 19, 2015

The BEST alarm app EVER!!

Ok, so in the past I wrote about the only thing that gets me up in the morning: drinking a BIG glass of water before bed. That way, my only option is to get out of bed NOW or pee the bed. Lol My body has finally gotten used to drinking the recommended amount of water each day, so that doesn't wake me up anymore. 

Needless to say, I was right back to struggling to wake up in the morning.
SIX alarms set every night. Five on my phone and then the main alarm clock in my bedroom. And I'd hit snooze every time. Or I'd shut em off and go back to sleep. I tried moving the main alarm clock across the room so I'd have to get up and turn it off. Nope, just walking across the room isn't enough for me cuz I'll go right back to my bed and snuggle back in. I even downloaded an alarm app that makes you stimulate your brain by solving math problems or typing a random string of letters correctly in order to wake you up. After a while tho, my brain was able to solve the problems and still let me go right back to sleep. 

*click* *uninstall*

Lately, it's been even worse. I am not even hearing my alarms go off at all. I'm sleeping right through them!! It doesn't help that they only play my music for about a minute or less before they automatically snooze themselves.

Whaaaaat is a tiiiired mama to doooo?

Enter my new BFF, an app called Alarmy.

 Alarmy is quite different than most other alarm apps out there. You have a couple wake up options but the one that works best for me is the photo option. You take a picture of something and set it as your wake up pic. Then when your alarm goes off, the only way to shut it the hell off is to take a picture of that same object. Since I need to actually walk around to wake up, I set my picture as a picture of my coffee pot. My coffee pot, like most coffee pots, is in my kitchen. My kitchen is downstairs from my bedroom. So of course that means that I have to get out of bed, trudge down the stairs, open my camera, and focus enough to take a pic to match it.  This is my exact wake up pic:

 SUCCESS! WOOOO HOOOO!!

 And of course it doesn't hurt that after I snap the pic to shut my alarm off,  I'm now standing right in front of my coffee pot. Which, unless I forget to set it up the night before, is ready and waiting to assist in waking me up the rest of the way. I call that a score, for sure!

Goooood mooooooorning! 


 If you are morning challenged like I am, I strongly urge you to give it a try! Then come on back here and let me know if it worked for you!
7:30 AM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad